Sunday, June 21, 2009

the end

Below is a post that I wrote over two weeks ago, but forgot to post. I think I'd been waiting to take a picture of Liam to go with it and then, again, forgot. So here it is. Better late than never (Story of my life!).

Thanks to Dani from Postcards from the Mothership for alerting me to this poem (in a round about way). I wish I'd read it earllier so I could have read it to Liam on his birthday.

The End
- A. A. Milne

When I was One,
I had just begun.


When I was Two,

I was nearly new.


When I was Three,

I was hardly me.


When I was Four,

I was not much more.

When I was Five,

I was just alive.


But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.

So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.



Six IS a very neat age.

brandishing his lightsaber

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem and quoted it for 29 years to each child in my kindergarten classes (over 3,000 times. I had it mounted on a card and gave it to each child. It brings back many memories. I hope Liam enjoyed it. Love ya, A. Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!